Things we consider when selecting your coating,
Latex, Acrylic, lacquer, Epoxy.
Selecting a Paint System
- Type of substrate
- Surface preparation
- Desired durability
- Desired finish and color
- Environmental conditions
- Application restrictions
- Cost and ease of maintenance
- Desire to meet LEED requirements
- Desire to create a healthy environment, and
- Life cycle cost
- Primer- prepares and seals surfaces, promotes adhesion, enables easier colour transition, optimizes quality characteristics: uniformity, touch-up, gloss/sheen, colour coverage, and specialty performance characteristics-supports longevity of the coating
- Intermediate Coat- the first coat of the finish coat or a barrier coat to finish coat
- Finish Coat- final coat of paint, you may consider more addition top coats for truer color, durability.